Thursday, January 31, 2013

Whole30 - Meal Template

I see a lot of pins on pinterest for "paleo" meals - a lot of time they are reincarnations of grain- or sugar- laden favorites.  Which is fine on occasion... Personally I'm currently planning on making TWO paleo friendly GF desserts to celebrate my successful completion of the Whole30 :)  But it's also important to remember the meal template... the Hartwigs know what they are talking about.  I have had great success when following the template.  I have found in these 30 days that if a meal doesn't have all the recommended elements (protien, fat, veggies often including starchy ones and sometimes fruit/nuts), you will end up hungry before it's time for the next meal and require a snack (I am not an advocate of starvation).

The Meal Template

Seems daunting at first but it's easy once you get the hang of it.  For example, my W30 compliant, template fitting lunch from yesterday:


Leftover chicken (protein)
An avocado (healthy fat)
1/2 large sweet potato (starchy vegg)
Spicy tomato and mango salsa (vegg and fruit)

+ of course a couple glasses of water

I was full till dinner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment