Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baked Pineapple

Like scalloped potatoes, I don't think I will make a ham without this anymore!  Slightly fattening but so good!
Recipe from allrecipes.com with minor omissions/ changes.  1 cup of sugar made it pretty sweet, so I would reduce it for next time, as indicated below.  I also mistakenly used DOUBLE the amount of butter I should have...doing too many things at once apparently!  I noticed while preparing that it was very moist and added more bread.  But it wasn't really tooooooooo bad with a ton of butter (taste-wise, not cholesterol-wise!).  So I would increase the butter from the recipe...just not quite so much as I did yesterday ;)

3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks), softened
3/4 cup sugar (or 1 cup if you like things very sweet)
5-6 slices slightly stale white bread (I left them out overnight)
1- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
4 eggs

Blend butter and sugar until well mixed.

Add the eggs one at a time until blended.
Add pineapple chunks (with juice) and torn up pieces of bread.


Bake at 350 for approximately one hour


The complete meal with spiral sliced ham, scalloped potatoes, and roasted broccoli:

No comments:

Post a Comment