Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our Salad

Since we have "our salad" with dinner every night, I thought I might as well show you how we do it.
Start w/fresh organic veggies.  I like to mix spring greens with some iceberg and/or some romaine.  There are no measurements for the dressing because a) we don't measure and b) it totally depends on the size of the salad!  Our alternative to this recipe is with Lawry's Seasoned Salt in place of the kosher and red wine vinegar in place of the balsamic.

Lettuces
Scallions
Shredded carrot
Tomatoes

Dried Basil
Salt & Pepper
Sugar
Balsamic Vinegar (regular or white)
EV Olive Oil



Add basil, salt, pepper, and sugar first.  Drizzle with balsamic then EVOO.  Be careful not to put too much balsamic or it will be *very* tangy!




The whole time I was preparing the salad, I had a strange feeling that I was being watched...



No comments:

Post a Comment