Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homemade bread! Traditional White Bread


My mom got me a wonderful present for Christmas - a breadmaker!  It's the Oster 2lb Expressbake Breadmaker.  Once I was able to get my butt to the store to pick up some yeast and bread flour, I got to work!

It is amazing how easy it really is.  You put in the wet ingredients, put in the dry ingredients, make a little hole in the flour for the yeast to sit in, and press start!  I chose to begin at the beginning with the traditional white loaf, recipe provided in the Oster Users Guide provided with the machine.

You will need:  
1 3/8 cups water
2 tbsp soft butter
4 cups bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp dry milk
1 3/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (one packet)



















Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
Press "Select" button to choose the Basic setting.
Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, medium or dark crust.  For this one I chose Medium.
Press the "Start/Stop" button.

Finished product:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment