Monday, May 31, 2010

Mexican Pasta Salad

I love mexican food - so when I found this recipe for a mexican pasta salad at Cara's Cravings, I made it right away!  A great change from the normal pasta salad that I usually make so many times during the summer.  I made just a few modifications, as presented below.

1 lb wagon wheel pasta
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 medium bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, and diced
1 1/2 cups salsa
1/2 cup olive oil
The juice of one lime
~2 -3 tbsp Taco Seasoning
freshly ground salt & pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, diced


Prepare pasta as per package instructions.  Drain and rinse with cold water to cool
Add beans, corn, and tomatoes to pasta in large bowl.
I mixed the cilantro and olive oil in the food processor.  Then drizzle the cilantro oil over the rest of ingredients and add seasoning.


Mix and add salsa as needed to coat (I did not measure and use 1.5 c.).  Season with salt and pepper, and dice and add avocado immediately before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment