Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Homemade Lara Bars, Take II

When you make these, you might as well make more than one because it's a pain to clean your food processor after!

There are tons of recipes for different kinds - basically you need approximately 1c nuts : 3/4-1c dates : 3/4-1 c dried fruit.

The flavors I made most recently include-

Almond Cranberry
1 c almonds
3/4 c dates
3/4 c cranberries
2 tbsp almond butter

Walnut Cranberry
1 c walnuts
3/4 c dates
3/4 c cranberries
2 tbsp coconut

and my FAVORITE were the
Pecan- Hazelnut Apricot
1/4 c pecans
3/4 c hazelnuts
3/4 c dates
3/4 c apricots
1 tbsp sunflower butter


I then wrapped them up and refrigerated for about 20 minutes to harden a bit, then cut into individual bars/ or roll into balls/ however you like.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a homemade granola bar kick the past couple of week, experimenting with different variations (mostly I use rolled oats and ground flax as a base and then add nuts/seeds, coconut, dried fruit, and use butter/peanut butter/coconut oil, an egg and honey to bind it together). Trying to find the perfect combination so they stay together and don't crumble apart after a few days.
    I clearly have the summer AT trip on the brain!
    I will have to give these ones a try... might make a good trail food ;)

    ReplyDelete